The essence of the disease: lesion of motor neurons and impaired information transmission to the muscles.
Causes and mechanisms: unknown.
Medications: Riluzol – prolongs life at the average by 3 months.
- Muscle atrophy, weakness;
- Twitching of the muscles;
- Increasing reflexes;
- Speech, swallowing, respiratory disorders;
All the means of classical medicine is almost helpless, allow prolonging patients life at the average by 2 to 3 months.
Using of stem cells allows to:
- Improve muscle tone, increase range of motion.
- Reduce spasm and reduce twitching.
- Improve swallowing, speech and breathing
Therapy regularly extends life on 6 – 12 months, before death from paralysis of the respiratory muscles, and congestive pneumonia occurs.
Introduction of stem cells in the treatment allows to increase remission and length of life in ALS for 6 – 12 months in 40 – 80% of cases with different forms of the disease.